Thursday, March 01, 2007

Clearing out the clutter.

Well he’s gone. If you read my last post you’ll know that Ian (my now ex boyfriend), stayed out all Sunday night. He came back at about two in the afternoon caked in mud, saying he had woken up in a field. Last night however he went to the local open mic night, and a girl I am friendly with (Mel) had been telling everyone, Ian spent the weekend with her. I was at home last night, in bed, as I had to be up at 6.30.

Anyway Mel was at the open mic night, and asked if Ian wanted to walk back with her, and then my friend punched her and split her lip, she doesn’t normally do this sort of thing. Ian had forgotten his keys, so at 2.30 am I had to answer the door to him, and he told me about the fight, and what people had been saying about him.

Damage control, I would imagine, as we live in a small town. It finally came out that he had woken up in Mel’s bed on Monday morning, and then gone walking in fields. He says he doesn’t remember if anything happened, but he did stay there, and that’s enough for me to call it a day. So this morning he packed his bags and went. Funnily enough it was only a couple of weeks and we would have been together a year.

So onwards and upwards I go, now without another kid to look after. It’s weird though, yesterday I was feeling so depressed I could hardly manage to cook a meal, and today although I feel angry, I feel quite strong. It was definitely time to clear out the clutter from my life.

No comments: