Thursday, April 12, 2007

The dangers of Gin and Tonic

What a hectic week, I finished the work placement, and learnt a lot from it, such as how to knock out articles quickly, and write for the style of the publication. I also think my editing has improved. Now all I have to do is to write my Industry analysis.

Problem is today I have a hangover and can’t seem to focus on work. I went out to the Open mic last night. As I’ve only been treating myself to the little bottles of wine as part of my calorie counting, I got quite drunk after drinking G&T’s all night. I didn’t realise how much until I started to walk home, and it was a struggle to get back. I fell over a couple of times, and have bruises on my hands and under my chin!!? I hope nobody saw me.

Needless to say I’m feeling low today, and was cheered up by reading the lovely comments on my blog postings.

Ian’s coming down to Cornwall for a few days and we’re catching up tonight. I am actually looking forward to seeing him, although I know it will probably be easier not to. Seeing him may stir up my emotions and maybe bring back the hurt. But he’s coming down as a friend not a lover and hopefully it’ll be ok. I’m going to be strong.

Anyway I’m feeling pretty brain dead, which is my own fault, so it’s only a short posting. Now I’m not doing work experience, I will be back to posting more regularly again.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Ah G&T, I alway think it is going to be a nice little pick me up, a little tartness and fizz after a few pints. But no, based on the evidence of the following day, it is a sledge hammer in a glass.

Hope all bruises better.

emapple said...

Hope you're feeling better. Hangovers are awful awful things. But generally worth it, or at least worth it enough we're happy to do it again and again and again!

You are strong and you will be strong.

Look forward to seeing you soon.
xx