Sunday, July 23, 2023

The warning sign was ignored.

So after having a big scare G then had 4 days of being really ill with pancreatitis. He could hardly move he was so ill. He took it easy on the cider limiting himself to 6 a day. Tuesday he started to feel better & on Thursday he upped his intake & then Friday he started a binge. So I was wrong to be  hopeful he may take notice of warning signs. It's been a horrible weekend. He was  so drunk when I woke up after a lie in till about 11 on Saturday morning & all day he was totally off the wall hyper I was on high alert & had high anxiety. I let him sleep whenever he dropped off as it was the only time I got some peace and I knew he would get a break from drinking. Whenever I challenged his drinking I was subjected to anger & aggression (not physical just verbal). Today he was taking it easy until after our roast dinner when he drank a pint of cider quickly to wake up & then he kept going. About 10 tonight he fell over in the bathroom & lost feeling in his left side again. I must say I cannot fault the ambulance service at all. They arrived 10 minutes after we called them & they have taken him to hospital. I had some gin left from the weekend  & I discovered after he was taken away he had swigged back over half of what I had  left on top of the cider. 

Yesterday, one time when I challenged him I said I can't do this anymore and we both agreed it was over,  however he said if we spilt up he was going nowhere he has been with me for over 10 years and I cannot kick him out. He will stay in the spare room. Then 10 minutes later he's saying he loves me & we will never split up: like he hasn't just verbally abused me telling me I'm a total uncaring bitch, I'm fat and ugly, and if he leaves me he will find himself staying with a young  beautiful 30 year old in a couple of weeks. I just don't know what to do.

No comments: