Monday, July 24, 2023

Another sleepless night

Early Monday morning (about 330)  G was discharged from hospital. He rang me at 4am but we had no petrol in the car & no 24 hour garages near enough so he got a taxi cutting £60 which was almost all we had left till payday. I had only had a few hours sleep so I took the morning off work. 

G got a few hours sleep & then started drinking. He was drunk when I finished work & carried on & then about 930 it happened again & this time, it looked like he lost consciousness, his tongue fell out, there was no response from him & when he did come to he could not speak. I called the ambulance at 945pm & the ambulance arrived at 5am. In the hours we waited his speech came back & then it happened again & his tongue fell out again. He had paralysis & no feeling in his left side (arm & leg) for the longest time so far. About 1130 he did go sleep & I stayed awake to watch him. I was worried if his mouth went while sleeping he would choke. 

About 1 the ambulance service telephoned to see how he was doing. I tried to stay awake waiting after that but eventually probably about 230 I fell asleep.

The ambulance came at 5 & when they arrived G had got all feeling back &  was adamant he was not going to go to hospital, which they understood as the  it was likely the hospital will do tests & discharge him as nothing  is currently happening. They were really good. They explained  a TIA is temporary lack of oxygen & then oxygen comes back. They gave him aspirin  to take one a day & he has to ring doctors & get  an appointment for TIA clinic. They were better than the hospital had been.

I tried to go back to sleep but could not so I've now got up. I can start work early & hopefully be able to finish early & have a nap. 

Also hopefully this time he will cut back again, & keep consumption low & Get help. How many warning signs does he need.

No comments: