Saturday, May 27, 2023

Struggling until payday

So with other families when money is running out before payday they may budget to make sure they have enough essentials to last. That's what I would do but then I'm with G. Alcohol is expensive. Last weekend we had £40 to last until payday & we had all the shopping for the weekend. G went through what he had to drink for the whole weekend in 2 days,  & spent £12 on cider in Sunday. £6 on Monday £6 on Tuesday and  the same the rest of the week, extra pennies were  spent on bread milk etc. 

We had to borrow some money & got very limited food for this weekend & I like a drink at the weekend but I cut back & we planned so we could make sure G had enough to last until payday (Wednesday) He cannot seem to pace  himself. He can't seem to realise there will be no more & it's Saturday night & he had got through all his supplies. Tonight I could not relax as he could not stand without falling over until he got up to bed. He is in bed now. Phew. The problem is if there is no money for Cider & he has nothing to drink he will start hallucinating & I can't manage his detoxing. 

I have a good job with a good wage but every month we run out of money mainly due to the cost of alcohol G needs. It's embarrassing if I am honest to  say that's why I can't do something. I am also quite angry about not having bread or milk for my coffee because we had enough money but it went on cider. 

Tonight Geoff 's right hand went numb for a moment & I thought his mouth did drop one side for a bit bit it came back. Phew, but I thought if he was having a  stroke an ambulance would take him to hospital but I would have no money to visit him or pick him up until Wednesday. Only G can sort this out. He does have days in the week when he cuts back. He needs to cut back. Step up. Get a job & start contributing towards the cost  of his alcohol !

No comments: