Saturday, May 13, 2023

Its worrying but not all bad

I've had a bit to drink tonight. I do enjoy a drink too, but I get a bit drunk only at weekends when I don't have to wake up for work the next day. This week I have been getting increasingly worried as the days G is being careful is less &  more days he  is drinking more ciders than we can afford. I say afford as in financially but also for his health.  Last night he was violently sick & he said it was nothing to do with alcohol. It was to do with using an alternative to Fry light!! I am getting worried he is slowly killing  himself and I can't stop him.

I want to note however while I am discussing the difficulties of living with an alcholic that when G is being careful, taking it easy, and is not pissed he is great. He is so caring. He does all the housework, all the cooking, he does lots in the garden: growing potatoes, lettuce. Tomatoes etc. we can eat. We enjoy  watching period & detective dramas together that we would not enjoy so much on our own. We play scrabble & trivial pursuit. It's not all bad. When he does not drink too much, and I don't have to tell him what we did half an hour before it's all good.





No comments: