Monday, November 24, 2008

I've done it!!!

I’ve done it!!! I’ve swum 22 miles (1416 lengths) the length of the Channel, with over a week to spare. The last few times I’ve been to the swimming pool it’s been very busy, maybe it’s something to do with the evenings drawing in or Christmas coming up, but whatever it is more people seem to be coming swimming at the moment. The first half hour today it was only me and one other swimmer, but after school finished the pool filled up. Luckily I only had a few more lengths to do the 44 I had left to swim, and I was able to finish those without dodging too many people. I am really really chuffed.

So I’ve done my bit. Now all I need is for people to sponsor me, even if it’s only a couple of quid, every little bit counts. I think I’ve managed to raise almost £70. It would be great to manage to get to the 100 mark. All money raised goes to Aspire Britain’s leading spinal injury charity. You can sponsor me here:
(or by clicking on the widget on my 'my space' (link on the right) ) Any donations will be very gratefully received.

No comments: