Monday, May 18, 2009

Hey, My sparkle isn't going to go out.

It has been a bit odd that after summarising CD1 on self esteem, I have been presented with many challenges, and I am feeling very overwhelmed by emotions. I am writing this while the tears flow, and need to remind myself of Carolyn’s message.
To start off with my car died this week, which was a bit of a shock, after being a great car for many years. On top of that it was the anniversary of my Dad dying, I went out with my Mum for the day and we had a lovely trip out. Even though we had a great day and we maybe presented a strong persona to each other, I did struggle all week I felt very emotional and tearful. I love my Dad and I miss him sooo much.

Today thou was the straw that broke the camels back as they say, I went onto one of the social networking type sites I am on, and noticed the person who abused me last year, has now joined and is friends with some of my friends. I don’t want to delete them as its been great to get back into contact with them. The tears haven’t stopped, but I don’t want to cry It’s giving him more energy. I am surprised by my reaction; maybe the tears are needed.

It has been difficult to keep my sparkle, but I am determined it won’t go out. I’ve just got back from a lovely weekend away, which included visiting new outstandingly beautiful corners of Cornwall. I have beautiful friends, who love me, and I have my health. The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. Hey my sparkle isn’t going to go out.

No comments: