Saturday, February 09, 2008

New me, Week 4/5

I don’t really know how successful I was in week 4, as I’ve not been able to weigh myself due to the sports centre scales being out of order. I kept on track with keeping under the calorie count and managed to exercise 4 days.

I wasn’t able to exercise on the Thursday and Friday as I had a bad back, and thought it would be counter productive.

My daughter Tamsin came to stay at the weekend and brought a Joanna Hall exercise DVD she no longer wanted. On the Saturday, as my back was feeling better, I gave it a go. The aerobics and exercises were slightly different than Rosemary Conley’s, and good fun to do, and definitely designed to produce results.

I am feeling fitter and able to do more exercising than I could at the beginning of this new healthy living regime.

However I’ve taken a backward step this week, as I’ve had a cold and chesty bug. I’ve not been able to do any exercise as I’ve been feeling so ill. I’m so annoyed, as I said before it takes 6 weeks for something to become a habit, and I’ve done 4 weeks of exercise and then had to stop. I’m wondering if I will have to start again when I’m feeling better, will I find my fitness levels are back where I started? Whatever happens, I know there is nothing I can do about it, I couldn’t help getting ill so I just have to make the most of it and get back on track as soon as I can.

I’ve just written an article on Body Image for my Jax writers spot blog, where I wrote about exercise compulsion, and I can see how easy it is to fall into this trap. I feel guilty for not being able to exercise, although I know I shouldn’t. I’ve also imagined my stomach has got bigger, and I’m feeling sure I haven’t managed to lose any weight this week. To counteract this I’m challenging myself, by telling myself I managed to lose weight the past few weeks, so even if I’ve had this setback I can still do it again.

I’m still full of cold, and I think I’m at the stage where I’m sweating it out, although I think the chestiness of the bug will stay with me for longer. I hope to get back to my plan as soon as possible, but I’m not going to exercise until I feel better. As long as I don’t put weight on, I’ll be happy.

No comments: